Being a social butterfly, it is probably not shocking that I absolutely LOVE bachelorette parties! It is one of the last times you get to go all out before the bride says “I do”. I recently went on a trip to Atlanta (awesome city by the way) for my lifetime friend Casey’s bachelorette party. We had a ball.
Below are some fun ideas for planning bachelorette festivities.
Spoil the bride.
No matter what, it is essential to make sure the bride to be feels special. This is all about her so make it a pleasantly wonderful memory for her. Whether it be a relaxing spa day or a night out on the town, make sure to keep her feeling fabulous. One thing I thought was adorable was having Casey’s fiancé write her little notes (some were funny some were sweet) and we would give them to her randomly on our trip. Here is a cute picture of her reading one before we hit the road.
Designate a dress code.
One way to make bachelorette parties fun are by coming up with a dress code. When my friend Blair got married we all wore black and had fun glasses and she wore the outfit of her choice. with a cute veil and sash.
Another adorable idea my friend Jennifer had was making each person who came to her uptown Charlotte festivity wear a tutu. In my opinion, it was super precious and unique.
I’ve also seen people get t-shirts made, all wear pink, and other similar things, but you can easily custom the dress code to type of person the party is for.
I have played some funny games at bachelorette parties. One of my favorites is the balloon game.
- Write down different things the bride to be is required to do before the night ends. (For example, get a stranger to take a shot with her, do a funny dance, get a kiss on the cheek, and other silly things)
- Insert the instructions in to a balloon.
- Blow up the balloons and place them on the outfit of the bride to be.
- When you go out the bride must have all of the balloons popped and completed each task written down or else she has to take a shot.
Try new places.
When we went to Atlanta everything was new to us so we let the bride to be pick a few spots we stumbled upon or we have heard about from friends and checked them out. If you are ever in the Midtown area of Atlanta, I would definitely recommend the Steamhouse Lounge (amazing seafood) and Publik Draft House (extensive cocktail menu).
Be smart and safe.
If heavily drinking will be involved always remember your body needs food and water. Do not over do it. You don’t want to end up with your face in the toilet all night or passed out before sunset. Also DO NOT drink and drive. Take cabs, plan a stay in slumber party, or go to places in walking distance of you.
Most importantly HAVE FUN!
Memorial Day is a day in which we remember those who have lost their lives fighting for our country. This Monday, we observe the federal holiday. I can’t wait to show off my new bathing suit at the pool while grilling out and catching up with some long time friends. Memorial Day weekend is one of the busiest weekends for drivers. Beach trips, parades, and barbecues are a few popular destinations for the holiday. While enjoying your three day weekend, be sure to keep in mind those who lost their lives serving our country and also be aware of other drivers while on the road.
Keep driving fatalities down by these easy steps (I know they are common sense but just thought I’d remind you):
-Focus on one thing and one thing only…DRIVING
-Do not text and drive
-Do not speed
-Do not drink and drive
-Watch for motorcyclists
Now that you made it to the party….what are you going to eat?!
Southern Grilled Barbecued Ribs
- 4 pounds baby back pork ribs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place ribs in two 10×15 inch roasting pans. Pour water and red wine vinegar into a bowl, and stir. Pour diluted vinegar over ribs and cover with foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Baste the ribs with their juices halfway through cooking.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together ketchup, water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, butter, brown sugar, hot pepper sauce, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer barbeque sauce for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil preheated grill. Transfer ribs from the oven to the grill, discarding cooking liquid. Grill over medium heat for 15 minutes, turning ribs once. Baste ribs generously with barbeque sauce, and grill 8 minutes. Turn ribs, baste again with barbeque sauce, and grill 8 minutes.
and what are you going to wash your food down with?
Easy Raspberry Lemonade
ADULTS CAN ADD VODKA
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, garnish
- 18 Mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- In a large punch bowl, combine raspberry lemonade concentrate, water and lime juice. Stir in lemon-lime soda and crushed ice. Garnish each glass with a fresh raspberry and a mint leaf.
and for dessert?
Wave Your Flag Cake
- 1 quart strawberries, divided
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 pkg. (8 serving size) JELL-O Brand Gelatin, any red flavor
- Ice cubes
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (12 ounce) package pound cake, cut into 10 slices
- 1 1/3 cups blueberries, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- Slice 1 cup of the strawberries; set aside. Halve remaining strawberries; set aside.
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to cold water to measure 2 cups. Add to gelatin; stir until ice is melted. Refrigerate 5 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Meanwhile, line bottom of 13×9-inch dish with cake slices. Add sliced strawberries and 1 cup of the blueberries to thickened gelatin; stir gently. Spoon over cake slices.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Spread whipped topping over gelatin. Arrange strawberry halves on whipped topping for ‘stripes’ of ‘flag.’ Arrange remaining 1/3 cup blueberries on whipped topping for ‘stars.’ Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
Don’t forget to keep the kids entertained..
-Set up a sprinkler in the yard or get a slip and slide
-Create a Memorial Day obstacle course
-Have a Memorial Day treasure hunt
-Hide and Seek
-Anything fun outdoors to get them out of your hair!
Finish the night with some beautiful fireworks…