Football season is back which means at my house, my reality shows have been taken over by ESPN. Although I once used to consider myself a football fan, the truth has surfaced and I have learned–I am a poser. Don’t get me wrong I do enjoy watching my Carolina Panthers play, but I can do without the sport everyday. In reality, I only enjoy football parties because of the food and half-time (so I can socialize). Today I thought I would share some simply delicious ideas to make football a little more enjoyable.
Get in my belly:
1. Pizza. Who doesn’t love pizza?! Many pizza places have specials this time of year which make for a super simple clean up!
2. Sandwiches. Go to the grocery store and stock up on some of your favorite lunch meats, cheeses, and bread. Make variation of mini sandwiches, throw them on a cute platter, and boom your done. If you are feeling a little more creative, shape them into small footballs.
3. Last but not least is my personal favorite– WINGS!!!! I love chicken wings because there are SO many ways to make them–fried, grilled, baked. Below is a recipe I found on foodess.com that I hope to try this year.
- 6 lbs chicken wings, tips discarded, separated at joint into 2 pieces
- salt and pepper
- 6 tbsp (1/3 cup) butter
- ½ cup hot sauce, such as Franks RedHot
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread wings out over two large baking sheets, avoiding overlap (or else the wings will steam, rather than crisp up!). Season well with salt and pepper; bake about 40 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add hot sauce and cayenne, if desired (taste first, then add cayenne to your heat preference).
- Transfer wings to a large bowl and toss with sauce. Serve immediately.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 125 g/4.5 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp minced green onion (from about 2 thin stalks)
- ½ tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, beat together all ingredients. Taste, and add more salt if needed.